Contemporary Realism

Contemporary Realism
Click to see the artist's website

9/14/17

Michigan Colored Pencil 2017

Love Birds (left)   Three Sunflowers (right)
© Barbara Goodsitt

I have two pieces that were selected for a juried exhibit, Michigan Colored Pencil 2017, at the Padzieski Gallery in the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center in Dearborn, MI. The reception is Thursday, October 19 at 6 PM. The exhibit runs from Oct. 12 - Nov. 9. Both pieces are colored pencil and solvent. Love Birds was done on heavy acid free illustration board. Three Sunflowers was done on Stonehenge drawing paper

 I relish making art with vivid color.  Animals, flowers, landscapes, musical instruments, and food are my favorite subjects.  The process of creating and executing a piece is joyful and meditative.  Collectors who have my work  have  told me that looking at my work makes them happy.  That is a very rewarding thing to hear.

No comments: