Contemporary Realism

Contemporary Realism
Click to see the artist's website

2/20/12

Mandala in Progress

Karmic Quandary
ⓒ Barbara Goodsitt


I was all set to do my second piece in a series of sunglass reflections, and got distracted! I was helping with several community activities and teaching. However, all of it is good. I enjoy connecting with people and doing positive work.

This mandala is called Karmic Quandary. Again, making this piece is a healing and transformative activity.  Some fellow artists in my critique group had encouraged me to do more mandalas. I appreciate their friendship and support. Creating art is a solitary business, and meeting with other artists is great for one's soul!

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

Such rich colours! Lovely!!! Do you do your mandala's a certain size or do they vary, i.e. some small, some large?

Barb Goodsitt said...

Thanks Teresa!
They are all done on 11"x14" Stonehenge paper- so close to a 10" diameter. I am thinking of doing some in watercolors and acrylics. These are just for fun.