Contemporary Realism

Contemporary Realism
Click to see the artist's website

3/12/14

Exploring a Combination of Techniques with Colored Pencils

© Barbara Goodsitt

I am working on another piece that is carrying through on the theme of hydrangeas.  This is a detail photo of a work in progress (WIP). I combined several  drawing techniques such as making an  impressed line, sequential tonal layering, and using an Icarus heated drawing board. I felt influenced by asian art, creating a flat, more decorative style here. I  will post the final piece when it is finished.

Drawing bright, colorful flowers is fun considering the winter we have had in Michigan. Even though I have been busy teaching and doing some traveling, the record snowfall and cold has been affecting my mood.  I am really looking forward to spring this year. 

No comments: