Contemporary Realism

Contemporary Realism
Click to see the artist's website

3/22/12

Floral


Ⓒ Barbara Goodsitt

11" x 14" Colored pencil on Stonehenge drawing paper.

The Flower 

 by Barbara Goodsitt



Sunshine pours down:
Acceptance, loving openness, joy and pleasure.
The flower opens.

Darkness comes:
Bringing judgment, insecurity, fear and pain.
The flower closes.

We are flowers cycling through life.
Moods change and unseen powers wash over us,
We do our best.

We have our time to blossom and grow, 
Host a bee, and have our petals plucked.

We have our time to close up and protect.
But being perennial,
We can bloom again in another season.



2 comments:

bob wesley said...

Barbara:I love your drawings,I loved your class and I love your poem.You are so talented.bob wesley

Barb Goodsitt said...

Thank you Bob. You are very kind!
I look forward to seeing your art at the Northville Arthouse. I cannot make the opening, but hope to visit the show next week.