Contemporary Realism

Contemporary Realism
Click to see the artist's website

4/1/10

LOCALLY GROWN STILL LIFE #2

The Next Detroit Colored Pencil Society Show is being hung at the Lotus Arts Gallery in Plymouth,MI. It will be there through the month of April.
I am honored to have a couple of pieces hanging in this show. Reception is Saturday, April 10 from 6 - 8 PM.
the address is 995 West Ann Arbor Trail, Plymouth, MI.

This new piece continues the motif of the first Locally Grown Still Life. This is a montage of veggies and fruits using the complementary color palette of yellows and violets. I am finding joy in the produce! I see happiness in food, and enjoy making compositions with many elements on a patterned background.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this piece. The colors are so lovely together. Your work just jumps off the paper and all of your pieces make me smile. I admire your talent.

Barb Goodsitt said...

Katherine,
Thank you so much for you nice comments. I am slowly doing a series of pieces like this one. I am glad that my work makes you smile. Food is joyous!